You’re integrating a structural warranty program into your home building business – awesome! Then you think, “How does this work?”, “What’s covered?”, “How do I deal with a claim?” And your home buyers will be asking the same thing – will you have the answers?
- Educate yourself on what is covered. Having an understanding of the warranty coverage will help you correctly set your buyer’s expectations and help you provide better customer service.
- Put a process in place for responding to complaints. The quickest way for a complaint to get escalated is an untimely response or no response at all. Have a prewritten response that you can easily send to your homeowner explaining what your process is for handling claims. This way, you can set expectations for the start.
- Train your sales team to understand and know the warranty coverage. It’s a common mistake to tell home buyers that structural warranty coverage covers everything, and in a home buyers eyes, they literally think everything from appliances to changing light bulbs will be covered. Training your sales team you will help save your company from unnecessary homeowner complaints.
- Provide correct contact information to your homeowners in the event they need to place a claim. This can be a contact list that is included in the closing statement.
- Walk the home buyers through the warranty coverage at closing. This can help lessen the likelihood of any future disputes.
Leave a Reply