Effective date: December 7, 2018
We at Home Buyers Warranty Corporation and our parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries (collectively referred to as “2-10 HBW”, “HBW”, “we”, “us” or “our”) respect the privacy of our users and customers (each referred to as a “user”, “your” or “you”). To demonstrate our commitment to the protection of your privacy, we have created this privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”). This Privacy Notice applies to www.2-10.com whether accessed via computer, mobile device or otherwise, and all related web pages (collectively the “Site”) or any services offered on the Site (“Services”).
This Privacy Notice describes the personal information that we collect from you, or that you provide on this Site or through use of our Services, and how that information may be used or disclosed by us.
Our Site and Services are controlled, operated, and administered by 2-10 HBW from its offices within the United States. We provide the Site for informational purposes regarding our Services and there is not a guarantee that products or services may be available in your area. If you are accessing our Site from a location outside of the United States, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your personal information to our facilities in the United States and to those third parties with whom we share such information as described in this Privacy Notice. You may request additional product information through our Site by submitting a request by e-mail to email@example.com.
In addition to this Privacy Notice, you may receive and be covered by our Consumer Privacy Notice, as well as any other privacy disclosures that we provide to you with account opening documents.
What Kinds of Information Do We Collect About You?
We collect information as part of our business operations, to provide Services, to respond to requests and offer customer support, and to fulfill legal and contractual obligations. Through your use of the Site or Services, we may collect information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an individual (“Personal Information”). You voluntarily provide Personal Information directly to us, such as when you complete applications, service contracts, warranty contracts, or other forms. We also collect Personal Information as you navigate through the Site and from third parties.
Information You Provide
We may collect the following Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of submitting applications for home warranty coverage, service contracts, renewals, new home warranty enrollments, filing claims, or payments associated with any of these activities. For example, we may ask you to provide your first and last name, telephone number, e-mail address, password, physical address, and other information when registering for an account.
- Information you provide when you report a problem with our Site or request information about our products and Services.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site, including your credit card, debit card, or bank account information required to complete the transaction.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including home addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers).
- If you choose to interact with our Site by sharing on a social media platform, we may collect the information that you post. Please note that your comments will also be visible to the public, so you should never share Personal Information that you would like to keep private.
- Information that you choose to provide if you apply for a job through the Site.
- Information that you provide if you use our e-mail services. For example, we may ask you to provide your name, e-mail address, e-mail addresses for the recipients of the e-mail and a message. HBW may retain and monitor these messages.
Information Provided By Third Parties
We may receive certain Personal Information about you from third parties. For example, a user may be requested to provide Personal Information of other individuals, such as builders and broker/agents, when filling in forms on the Site or when sending e-mails using our e-mail services. If you submit any personal information about another individual to our Site, you are responsible for making sure that you have the authority to do so and to allow us to use their Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Information as You Navigate Our Site
We may automatically collect certain technical information through your use of the Site and Services, such as the following:
- Usage Information: We collect certain information automatically through your use of the Site, such as which of the pages on the Site that you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on our Site. We may also collect information about your use of the Services, such as frequency of use.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your actual location which may be determined from GPS and other sensors that may reveal information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP addresses.
- Mobile Device Information: In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access our Site via a browser on your mobile device, we may collect mobile network information including telephone number, the unique device identifier assigned to that device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes.
How Do We Use “Cookies” and Other Tracking Technologies?
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual needs;
- Deliver advertisements tailored to your interests on third-party websites;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
Although most web browsers are initially setup to accept cookies, if you prefer, you may decline the placement of a cookie on your hard drive by using the appropriate features of your web browser software or delete any existing cookies. Users should understand, however, that certain function of this Site may not function properly if your web browser does not accept cookies.
Does the Website Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals?
There is currently no industry agreed upon response to a Do Not Track signal. At this time, our Site and Services do not respond differently based on a user’s Do Not Track signal.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We may use information we collect about you or that you provide to us in the following ways:
- To present our Site and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your device;
- To provide you with information, products or Services that you request from us;
- To advertise products and Services that we think may be of interest to you;
- To establish and manage accounts, including by collecting and processing payments and completing transactions;
- To provide our e-mail services;
- To provide customer support, troubleshoot issues, manage accounts, and respond to requests, questions and comments;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- To notify you about any additions, upgrades or changes in our Services.
Who Do We Share Information With?
We may share information we collect about you or that you provide to us in the following ways:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- With non-affiliated third-party contractors and service providers as necessary to process payments, process and settle claims, issue or renew and process home service contracts, issue and process builders’ new home warranties, and to fulfill other related service or warranty obligations;
- To third-party service providers to prepare, deploy, and analyze advertising content;
- In connection with, or during negotiations for, an acquisition, merger, asset sale, or other similar business transfer that involves all or substantially all of our assets or functions where the information is transferred or shared as part of the business assets (provided that such party agrees to use or disclose the information consistent with this Notice or gains your consent for other uses or disclosures); and
- With your consent or at your direction, such as when you chose to share information or publicly post content and reviews (for example, social media posts).
We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose mailing lists or other information obtained through our Site to any non-affiliated companies for their marketing purposes.
What Choices Do You Have About Your Personal Data?
You may opt-out of our e-mail marketing communications to you by: (1) following the unsubscribe instructions provided in such communications, (2) sending an e-mail request to be added to our do not contact list to firstname.lastname@example.org, or (3) sending a written request, with a clear heading, to 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, Attn: Legal Department, 13900 East Harvard Avenue, Aurora, Colorado 80014.
Accuracy of Your Personal Information
We strive to maintain the accuracy of your information. In order to help us maintain accuracy, you have the right to reasonably access your information and request changes. If you believe any of your information in our possession is inaccurate, you may request that we amend or delete the information that you believe to be erroneous. If we concur with your conclusion, we will amend or delete the information in question.
Please write to our Privacy Officer at the address listed below to request correction or deletion of inaccurate information, or to ask any other questions about this Privacy Notice.
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty
Attn: Legal Department
13900 East Harvard Avenue
Aurora, Colorado 80014
In order to have accurate records of whom we received direct communications from or whom we sent communications to, we may indefinitely store the information you provide us through the Site.
How Do We Safeguard Your Information?
The security and protection of personal information is important to us, and we take administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the information from unauthorized access, misuse, accidental loss, or alteration.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of such information is at your own risk.
Third-Party Web Sites
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other web sites, and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites you visit through any links on our Site.
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not register on this Site, make any purchases through the Site or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will immediately delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact our Privacy Officer by e-mail at email@example.com.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
We may add to, delete or change the terms of this Privacy Notice from time to time by posting a notice of the change or an amended Privacy Notice at the Site. Your continued use of the Site is deemed to be acceptance of such changes.
How to Contact Us
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns you may have about your privacy and our data protection practices.