Finding great real estate agents for your brokerage can prove to be tough. When the market is up, great agents are in high demand, which allows them to be picky about which broker they decide to work with. It’s important to have a strategy in place to always be growing your team with the best agents for your business.
Where do you find agents?
- Go where real estate agents are – tradeshows, networking events, open houses and Meetup groups.
- Use LinkedIn. The profiles are easily comparable and searchable, and tend to be more accurate than resumes. You can also post a job listing, which makes it easy for prospective agents to apply.
Quality over quantity? Decide on how you want to grow your team. Would you rather hire one top-notch sales person or five “middle of the road” sales people to expand your reach? Keep in mind that skills can be taught, but a winning personality cannot.
How to retain your team.
- Offer education in the beginning and beyond their initial training. This shows a real estate agent that you want to invest in their success.
- Set sales goals to help clarify their responsibilities and provide them with direction. This can also be a great motivational tool.
- Set expectations when they’re hired of what to expect when working for your company.
- Provide them with the tools they need, including electronic contracts, real estate software programs, computers, trained staff and transaction coordination.