What is a home warranty when selling a house?
Today, we’ll show you why a home warranty matters to sellers like you, what typical seller coverage protects, and how coverage helps you. As a leading home warranty company, we want to help protect you against breakdowns that can delay your sale.
Why should you care about a home warranty at all?
Selling your house is a huge commitment. You do a ton of work to get your house ready for sale. You want all of that work to shine through so you get the best possible offer from a potential buyer. But a system or appliance breakdown can bring that hope to a screeching halt.
The last thing you need is a major system or appliance breaking down when your house is on the market. Breakdowns can cost you time, money, and a successful home sale if you don’t have a solution.
When you work with a home warranty company like 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty (2-10 HBW), you can get a solution. In some cases, you can get complimentary coverage while your home is on the market.
If a major system, like your HVAC, or appliance—like your refrigerator—were to break down while you had your house on the market, what would you rather do?
- Pay someone thousands of dollars out of your own pocket to repair or replace it, spend hours looking for someone trustworthy to do that, and lose valuable selling time waiting.
- Buy an entirely new system or appliance, which can cost you thousands of dollars, for something you’ll rarely, if ever, use.
- File a claim with 2-10 HBW, have a trustworthy and local technician address the issue, and pay a small Service Fee (usually less than $100) to do it.
With so many other responsibilities surrounding your home sale, having a solution for common and inconvenient breakdowns is super important. With coverage from a home warranty company like 2-10 HBW, you get a solution for breakdowns while your house is on the market. That’s more affordable and convenient than doing it yourself, especially when you’re trying to sell your house.
What does a typical home warranty plan for sellers cover?
Seller coverage protects your home’s major systems and appliances against routine breakdowns while your home is on the market. For example, you can protect your refrigerator, plumbing and electrical systems, and heating system.
It’s important that your home’s major systems and appliances work well to attract potential buyers. With coverage from a trustworthy home warranty company like 2-10 HBW, you get protection against breakdowns that keeps your house looking attractive to even the most eagle-eyed buyers.
What does it cost, and how can you get one?
The best part about seller coverage is that you can get it for no upfront cost.
That’s right. When you work with a real estate agent or Realtor to sell your home, they can provide seller coverage from 2-10 HBW at no upfront cost to you.
If you choose, you can add air conditioning/heat pump coverage for just $50. If you live in Florida, coverage is a mere $60 up front and includes air conditioning and heat pump coverage.
If you ever needed to file a claim with this coverage, the process is super easy.
- You file your claim for your covered breakdown (outlined in your service agreement) online or by phone.
- 2-10 HBW confirms your coverage and dispatches a vetted, approved, local technician.
- You set an appointment with the technician and pay a small Service Fee (usually less than $100).
- The technician repairs the breakdown (or replaces it if a repair isn’t possible) and bills 2-10 HBW.
- You get back to one of the most important events of your life—selling your home—without the stress of addressing breakdowns yourself.
Plus, 2-10 HBW can help you entice buyers even further. Did you know that nationally, home sellers use a home warranty more than any other incentive, including assistance with closing costs? With 2-10 HBW, you can provide a home warranty for your buyer as a way to sweeten the deal. That can help you sell your home quicker while providing buyers peace of mind.
Seller coverage from 2-10 HBW is an outstanding way to protect your home while it’s on the market. As you prepare to sell, ask your agent or Realtor to help you access this coverage. The last thing you need is a breakdown that stalls your sale. 2-10 HBW can protect you against these problems and help you stay on track for the next journey in your life as a home seller.
2-10 HBW offers the most comprehensive home warranty coverage for homeowners. Let us help you protect your home.