To look for any changes since construction
Twice a year
- Purchase a mask from your local hardware store to avoid lung irritation from possible airborne insulation fibers.
- Check that all air vents are unobstructed and intact.
- Make sure there are no animals nesting in the insulation.
- If you walk around, be careful not to step on the drywall ceiling below, and watch out for nails sticking through the roof.
- Never store anything in the attic unless it was designed for that purpose. Check with your builder for more information regarding storage capacity.