- Know the location of your septic tank and drain field.
- Have your septic tank inspected annually by a licensed contractor or health department official. Inspection will reveal problems before they become serious and tell you when the tank needs to be pumped.
- Periodically check the drain field for a foul odor, excessive wetness, or overly lush grass growth, which may be warning signs of a failing system.
- Never drive or park over any part of the system.
- Do not plant anything but grass over or near drain field, as tree and shrub roots may cause clogging.
Array (  => WP_Term Object ( [term_id] => 10818 [name] => Exterior Maintenance [slug] => exterior-maintenance [term_group] => 0 [term_taxonomy_id] => 10818 [taxonomy] => topic [description] => [parent] => 10816 [count] => 8 [filter] => raw [term_order] => 0 ) )