Purchasing a Newly Built Home
Purchasing a newly built home is a great choice for buyers who want modern conveniences, trendy features and the peace of mind that often comes with new construction. Before you close on a brand-new home, however, there are a few things to consider. Let’s take a look at some things to consider when buying a new construction home.
Why Buy a New Home
- You can have the builder customize the home before they begin construction. This allows you to make requests and personalize the living space to suit your family’s unique needs and preferences.
- Newly built homes come with some of the exciting design elements that complement modern lifestyles, including expansive walk-in closets, open kitchens with islands and large master baths.
- Because builders usually use modern construction materials, newly built homes tend to be much more energy efficient, meaning lower utility bills for homeowners.
- New homes often come with the latest technology already built in. This can include speaker systems, internet wiring and alarm systems which take time and money to install.
- Newly built houses usually have newer amenities and custom features.
- If you’re among the first to move into a new development, you may pay less than those who move in later.
- There is usually not a lot of wiggle room when negotiating price on a new home, but you can ask what the incentives are for using the builders preferred lender. Many builder will offer credits in the design center if using their preferred lender.
Things to Consider
While new homes are less likely to require maintenance and repairs, they aren’t immune to problems.
Whether you purchase a new or existing home, it’s good to have some extra financial security when systems and appliances fail over time
2-10 HBW offers the most comprehensive Home Warranty coverage for homeowners. Let us help you protect your home.