To maintain the appearance and confirm adequate weather protection
Once a year
- Look for cracks in brick, stone, and stucco. Identify any areas where mortar has fallen out. (A white powdery substance known as efflorescence may appear from time to time and is considered normal.)
- Check for warped siding, gaps in wood trim, and peeling or blistering paint.
- Sand, scrape, wire-brush, caulk, stain, repaint, and apply wood preservatives where necessary.
- Consult with a mason, as necessary, to repair cracked brick or mortar and traditional stucco problems.
- Contact a qualified contractor familiar with the manufacturer’s specifications of repair for homes clad with an Exterior Insulated Finish System (EFIS).
- Consult with a siding contractor, as necessary, to repair warped siding.