Show family and friends your thoughtful and creative side this holiday season. Give them your best-kept secret, your recipes!
What you’ll need:
- Note cards
- Hot glue
- Cardboard – 2 pieces (size depends on how large you’ll want your wreath)
- Decorated paper stock (large enough to cover your cardboard)
- Hot glue two pieces of cardboard together. Draw your cutting lines using a large plate for the outer edge and a smaller plate for the inner edge of the wreath.
- Using the same plates, trace your cutting lines on the decorated paper. If you prefer to cover up the sides of your wreath, cut the paper a little larger than your wreath to wrap around. Glue the paper to your wreath.
- Paint your clothespins. Pick a color that compliments your decorative paper or cover with glitter if you’re feeling extra festive. Let dry completely.
- Hot glue your clothespins to your wreath. Continue until the entire wreath is covered in evenly spaced clothespins. Make sure that the ‘mouth’ of the clothespin faces the outside of the wreath.
- Tie a ribbon onto one of the clothespins and create a loop for hanging.
- Using note cards, either hand write or type your favorite recipes. Clip your cards onto the clothespins.
- Gift your wreath!
Five-Minute Fudge Wreath
1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate morsels
9 ounces butterscotch morsels
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8-ounce) can walnut halves
1/2 cup currants
8-inch round cake pan, lightly greased
Candied cherries, red and green, for garnish, optional
Place a heavy pot on the stove and preheat it over low heat. Add the morsels and milk, and stir until it evenly melts together. Save the empty condensed milk can. Stir in vanilla and remove the fudge from heat. Add nuts and currants, and stir in immediately.
Cover empty condensed milk can with plastic wrap and center on the greased cake pan. Spoon the fudge onto the pan around the can, making sure to re-center the can if it drifts.
The fudge will set almost immediately. Garnish can only be added in the first minute, so work quickly. Decorate your wreath with “holly” made from cut candied red and green cherries. Chill covered in the refrigerator and slice fudge very thin when ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of foodnetwork.com