This homemade tree is the perfect centerpiece for your Thanksgiving dinner table. It will also help remind you of what you’re thankful for this holiday season.
Here’s what you’ll need to get started.
- A tall, slim vase
- Tall sticks (you can find these easily in your backyard)
- Small acorns or other decorative material to fill the vase
- Construction paper
- Hole puncher
- Using the construction paper, draw or trace out the shape of leaves. Cut out the shapes.
- Write something you are thankful for on each leaf.
- Punch holes at the end of each leaf.
- Cut 4 inch strips of yarn and tie them through the hole punches.
- Tie the leaves to the stick. Be sure to spread them out to make it look like an actual tree.
- Fill your vase with acorns and put the stick in the vase. The acorns will help to hold your tree in place.
- Voila! Your centerpiece is ready to be admired.