How 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty is supporting you through COVID-19
During times like these, it’s important that we band together to support our community and our partners. 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty (2-10 HBW) will continue to work with and protect builders, real estate agents, homeowners and Service Contractors during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We will use this space to show you what we plan to do, what you can expect going forward and keep you updated on any changes.
As things can change rapidly and suddenly, please stay up to date by visiting this page.
What does 2-10 HBW plan to do going forward?
The health and safety of our one million customers, independent Service Contractors and 650 employees is 2-10 HBW’s most important priority. As we strive to do the right thing—both in being mindful of health and protecting homes—we want to share with you what you can expect from 2-10 HBW going forward.
- We will remain open for business and do everything we can to help you minimize business interruptions and service request delays during these rapidly changing circumstances.
- We will continue to dispatch service requests as usual until further notice.
- We will continue to address your questions.
- We will continue to process all enrollments.
- We will continue to take service calls.
- To do our part in limiting the spread of coronavirus, we will be limiting all face-to-face meetings.
What should I do if I need 2-10 HBW’s services?
You can still request services and access your account 24/7 using the Builder Portal, Agent Portal, Homeowner Portal or Service Contractor Portal. We strongly encourage you to use the appropriate Portal for your needs. This will be the most effective way to request service, access important information and track claims.
What discussions has 2-10 HBW had with its Service Contractors?
2-10 HBW works with independent Service Contractors to assess and address service requests. In the interests of the clients we serve, we are requesting all active Service Contractors to take the following actions to protect homeowners who request service:
- Keep technicians at home when they are ill
- Have technicians keep the recommended 6-foot distance from customers and refrain from handshakes and other greetings requiring physical contact
- Have technicians follow other Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines to protect themselves and others
- Please understand that current CDC guidelines indicate that even healthy-looking people may still be unknowingly carrying the coronavirus
Will 2-10 HBW customers see any changes?
Currently, the full impact of restrictions being applied by local, state and federal governments in response to the coronavirus is unknown. Even now, it has begun creating delays in providing service. We ask for your patience and understanding as we continue to adjust to this outbreak.
That said, 2-10 HBW will continue to work with and protect builders, agents, homeowners and Service Contractors during the coronavirus outbreak. You count on us to provide home warranties to make protecting a home simple, convenient and affordable. We will continue doing so to the best of our ability while remaining mindful of your health.
In these uncertain times, we want you to be certain that your health and protection are our top priorities. We are acting to protect our employees so that they can best serve you. We ask for your patience as we adjust to the new realities this virus has created for all of us.
2-10 HBW will continue to support you in these trying times. We’re committed to keeping you protected and posted on any future changes.
Stay safe and stay healthy. Thank you for trusting us as a partner in your protection.