Throughout the year, real estate agents look for all sorts of ways to stay relevant in the minds of former clients. The right gift can have a substantial impact, especially when it offers seasonal appeal. Here are some client gifts that will keep you top-of-mind this spring.
- Outdoor tools: New homes usually require at least some amount of work, both inside and outside the house. Rakes, shovels, trimmers and other tools are especially useful for clients with big backyards. You can also offer standard tool sets with hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers and other essentials for clients without much outdoor space.
- Wine: Most new homeowners are especially pleased to receive this tried-and-true closing gift. When paired with a basket of seasonal fruit, chocolate, meats or cheeses, wine can go a long way toward fueling lasting relationships that yield profitable referrals.
- Flowers: Help your client brighten up a new home with a colorful bouquet of seasonal flowers. While they don’t offer long-term promotional appeal, flowers can make a nice impression, especially if the homeowner has expressed an appreciation for them.
- Landscaping credit: See if you can work with a local company to provide one or two months of credit for lawn-mowing or other landscaping services on behalf of your client. If you play your cards right, you may be able to agree on a reciprocal partnership through which you can attain even more leads.
- Grilling accessories: For many people, warmer weather means hamburgers, barbecue and more time spent outdoors with the family. Whether it’s a personalized spatula, cutting board or complete barbecue set, grilling accessories make great closing gifts during the spring and summer months.
Things to Consider
In the real estate business, long-term connections can turn into lucrative referrals. By leveraging relevant client gifts, you can generate lasting goodwill that demonstrates your continuing commitment to clients, even after they’ve closed on their new homes. This is a great way to stay engaged throughout the entire customer lifecycle and ensure that former clients will recommend your services to people who might be looking for new homes.
With that said, to ensure that your client gifts provide enduring results, it’s best to purchase them from a promotional product company that can brand them with your unique logo. If you don’t have a logo, consider creating one, so you can make a more professional impression. You should also work hard to get to know your clients so you can learn about their likes and dislikes. This will allow you to identify closing gifts that will really hit home.
2-10 HBW offers comprehensive Systems and Appliances Home Warranties to help protect your clients from unexpected repair and replacement costs. Contact us to learn more.