The most successful real estate agents understand the importance of online marketing. Video marketing is one of the most effective methods of online marketing for real estate agents. But even the best real estate agents may struggle with video. Whether because they aren’t comfortable with the technology or hate seeing themselves on video, there are hurdles to successful video marketing. Today, we’ll give you some tips on how to create an effective YouTube channel.
Does video marketing work?
Yes, video marketing works! In fact, listings with videos receive up to 403% more inquiries than listings without video. Furthermore, according to the National Association of Realtors, 37% of people use video to learn more about a home during their house hunt, and nearly half (46%) found virtual tours useful in their search.
We’ve talked about how to use the power of video to sell more homes. Video marketing is key to growing businesses. When done right, it can help you market homes, gain referrals, and show off your skills more efficiently.
The best types of videos for real estate marketing
While there are many video hosting services available, creating a YouTube channel will ensure you get the most viewers and the highest reward for your efforts. Since YouTube is owned by Google, videos on the service get a nice SEO boost. By creating videos, whether they’re for listings or another topic (more on that next), you’ll gain a new and effective way to engage with potential clients.
When choosing a video, try to create something that answers a question, solves a problem, or entertains the viewer. This helps you target the right audiences and keeps them coming back for more! Here are some content ideas to get you started:
- Listing videos of homes for sale. This is especially important for people who cannot or do not want to physically visit the home.
- Interviews of Buyers and Sellers you’ve worked with. Though not every client will want to be on video, it never hurts to ask. Interviews with Buyers and Sellers are an excellent way to humanize your work and help prospects connect with you.
- Thought leadership and/or advice-based videos for Buyers and Sellers. If you have a special expertise in a certain type of home, this is a great place to show it off. You can also provide more general advice, such as how to save for a down payment.
- Videos that showcase your community. Showing prospects local attractions, restaurants, shops, and other exciting things about your area are all good options.
- An About Me video. This is a great way to give prospects a chance to learn more about you and what it’s like to work with you. If you have a team, consider an About Us
Video best practices for your new YouTube channel
Now that you have some ideas, the real fun begins—creating your video! As you film and edit videos, keep these best practices in mind.
- Shorter videos tend to get more engagement, so try to keep yours to two minutes or fewer.
- Use a script or note cards when speaking to help deliver a clear, concise message.
- Include a call to action in every video. For example, you could encourage potential clients to fill out a form so you can contact them or share info with them.
- Share far and wide. Include videos in your email newsletter, post videos on social media (especially Facebook), and feature them on your website.
Making real estate videos might sound hard and scary at first. But as with most things, they get easier with practice.
2-10 HBW offers comprehensive systems and appliances home warranties to help protect your clients from unexpected repair and replacement costs. Contact us to learn more.