How Real Estate Agents Can Use Video to Grow Their Businesses
The most successful real estate agents have implemented comprehensive marketing plans that connect their businesses to buyers and sellers. While traditional marketing tools like direct mailers and phone outreach are still effective, the bulk of marketing today takes place online through email newsletters, websites and blogs.
We’ve talked before about how to use the power of video to sell more homes. Video marketing is a digital tool that real estate agents can use to grow their businesses, and it makes a great addition to any marketing arsenal. Keep reading to learn why you should get started with video, plus best practices for creating and sharing videos.
Does video marketing work?
You might be wondering, “Why should I care about video? Does it really help sell homes?” The answer is yes, it absolutely does. By some estimates, listings with videos receive 403% more inquiries than listings without video. Furthermore, according to the National Association of Realtors, 36% of people use video to learn more about a home during their house hunt.
While there are a number of video hosting services available, creating a YouTube channel will ensure you get the most viewers and the highest reward for your efforts. Since YouTube is owned by Google, videos on the service get a nice SEO boost. By creating videos, whether they’re for listings or another topic (more on that next), you’ll gain a new and effective way to engage with potential clients.
The best types of videos for real estate marketing
When choosing a topic for a video, aim to create something that answers a question, solves a problem, or entertains the viewer. This will ensure your video gets watched by the right audience and that they keep coming back for more.
Here are some content ideas to get you started:
- Listing videos of homes for sale
- Interviews of buyers and sellers you’ve worked with
- Thought leadership and/or advice-based videos for buyers and sellers (for example, a 2-minute video with tips on how to save for a down payment)
- Videos that showcase your community (local attractions, restaurants, shops, and other exciting things about your area are all good options)
- An ‘About Me’ video that shows off your personality and what it’s like to work with you. If you have a team, consider an ‘About Us’ video
Video best practices for your new YouTube channel
Now that you have some ideas, the real fun begins – creating your video! As you film and edit videos, keep these best practices in mind:
- Shorter videos tend to get more engagement, so try to keep yours to two minutes or less.
- Use a script or note cards when speaking to help deliver a clear, concise message.
- Include a call to action in every video. For example, you could encourage potential clients to fill out a form to be contacted by you.
- Share far and wide — include videos in your email newsletter, post them on social media, and feature them on your website.
Making real estate videos might sound hard at first, but as with most things they get easier with practice and it may even become your new favorite marketing strategy.
2-10 HBW offers comprehensive Systems and Appliances Home Warranties to help protect your clients from unexpected repair and replacement costs. Contact us to learn more.