Frequently Asked Questions

Help Center / FAQs / Service Request Information

Service Request Information

What is a Service Fee?

A Service Fee is a relatively small payment you make to the contractor when you submit a service request. When you choose 2-10 HBW, you’ll typically pay $100 or less to have a contractor service your breakdown. Then, 2-10 HBW covers the remaining covered repair or replacement costs, up to the clearly stated limits in your service contract.

Learn more

Are there dollar limits for what is covered by a home warranty?

Yes. The aggregate dollar limit for coverage may vary from one warranty provider to another. With 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, the annual, aggregate limit is $25,000 for covered systems and appliances. Get a free quote today to see what coverage you can get, or if you are already a home warranty holder, review those details in your home warranty in Homeowner Portal.

Learn more

How do I request service or file a claim?

To request service, log in to your Homeowner Portal account, select the system or appliance that needs service, answer a few questions, and we’ll dispatch an authorized Service Contractor to your home.

How can I submit a structural claim?

To submit a structural claim, please call 720-531-6742.

How can I see the status of my claim?

Log in to your homeowner portal account to check on the status of your service request.

May I choose my own Service Contractor?

Regardless of preference, every Service Request must be submitted to and approved by 2-10 HBW prior to a contractor performing work. To get the best value from your warranty, we recommend using an authorized 2-10 HBW Service Contractor. If you elect to use an outside contractor, you will be responsible for the difference in cost between using your contractor and an authorized 2-10 HBW Service Contractor. You will also need to follow the instructions provided to ensure that the work remains eligible for coverage (e.g., that work is not performed without prior authorization). For details, please consult your Home Warranty Service Agreement’s Terms of Service and any additional instructions provided during the course of your Service Request.

How do I cancel my service request if the issue has been resolved?

To cancel a service request, contact Customer Service at 720.531.6717.

How do I know if I am getting a good Service Contractor?

The Service Contractors who work with 2-10 HBW must qualify to be part of our network of preferred contractors. Qualification includes verifying any applicable licenses and corporate insurance, among other things. Preferred contractors earn the highest quality scores from our customers and perform repairs quickly.

How long does it take to complete a service request?

A service request is typically completed in an average of 5 days. However, during high-volume seasons, such as summer, it may take longer to complete.

What do I do if I have not heard from the Service Contractor?

Upon receipt of the service request, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty will initiate contact with a Service Contractor within 4 business hours, or 48 hours on weekends and holidays. If 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has your email address, you will receive an email confirmation of the service request, which includes the contact information for the Service Contractor. You are welcome to call the Service Contractor directly.

What is considered an emergency when placing a Service request?

An emergency request is generally defined as a service issue resulting in: 1) no electricity, gas, water, or toilet functionality to the entire home; 2) a system malfunction that causes ongoing damage to the home; or 3) a condition that immediately endangers health and safety. With emergency requests, we will attempt to initiate service within 24 hours. However, 2-10 HBW cannot guarantee service within a specific period, and you should take reasonable steps to protect yourself and others while waiting for service completion.

What should I do when a Covered Item breaks down?

Simply go to 2-10.com/homeowner/, sign in and request service online, or call 720.531.6717.